Rad reading- April

Scythe

by Neal Shusterman

This month I read a book called scythe, It’s about in the future, There’s no more: War, Death, Disease, and violence. So to keep the population at bay, They have people called β€œScythes” To β€œGlean” (100% kill) people. Citra and Rowan were selected to become a scythes apprentice. During their apprenticeship, they learn more and more about scythes, Like how some of them use painless glean methods, While others will use fire, Bombs, And killing of mass crowds, They start to figure out how truly corrupted this new and β€œhappy” world can be…

All in all, I love this book, Like, A lot. It has tons of twist, turns, And drama. But, I’m just going to give a little warning, It’s not for all people. Is uses profanity, Words some people may not understand if you have a lower reading level, and your probably going to need a book mark, The ONE time I forgot my spot in the book, It was a nightmare to find the spot I was in, And yet I was off by a little. My favorite character is probably scythe faraday, Because of his stern yet gentle attitude. A quote that proves that is on Pg.117 Citra tried to look at something important of his, and ended up getting extreme frost bite (that would heal in the morning). This is what he said afterwards β€œYou misunderstand. This is not a punishment. Curiosity is in the human; I merely allowed you to get it out of your system. I have to say it took you long enough.” he then later explained it was just a test

My favorite quote of the book is one Pg.123, She grinned β€œ Yeah. I”ll sure be sick of you then.” I like this quote because not only does it start to kindle there friendship, But also the fun and sarcastic was Citra talks.